December 17, 2012

Chio of the Wired 96.5 Morning Show Fired

Morning drive host Chio of "Chio in the Morning" was given his release from Wired 96.5 (WRDW). His former co-hosts Shila and Tingle will continue to host the morning show until a main host is hired. Chio wanted his listeners to know that he did not just resign, as is the standard terminology used in the radio industry when a deejay is let go because of poor ratings. He was fired.

Chio said in an interview that he didn’t know what was next for him, but he is on the lookout for radio gigs all over the world. “Philly is my home and I’d love to stay. I would love to be in the ranks of Jerry Blavat, Hy Lit and Butterball … but at the end of the day, I have to put food on table.”  Chio’s contract is not up until June so WRDW and Beasley Broadcasting will pay him until then to sit on the sidelines. Chio had been a part of the Philly radio scene since 1995, when he brought in as on-air personality at Q102.


Chio via facebook-
"Thank you Philly, Jersey and Delaware! My wife and I are overwhelmed with the love and support you have all given us. Shila Nathan and Steve Tingle are really incredible friends of ours and I encourage you to put your support behind them and Wired965. With literally thousands of messages coming in over the last few days, I have been making every effort to respond to you all. I have to take a break from Social Media for awhile and we are going to relax and enjoy our holiday. I understand some of you are upset. This has been very hard for me. I want to assure that I have a strong family and we looking forward to the next chapter of our lives. God Bless!"





No comments:

Post a Comment