January 18, 2013

Danielle Vollmar Joins Fox 29 for Weekend Weather

See UPDATE below Welcome back Danielle Vollmar, who leaves Dallas's KDAF-TV to return home to do weekend weather at FOX 29.

She tells a little about herself via facebook. "I joined the morning show Eye Opener in late November 2011. I am one of the hosts and also am a fill-in meteorologist on KDAF/CW33 in Dallas. Eye Opener can not only be seen on the CW in Dallas, but in Houston, Miami, Portland, and Philly (my hometown) on WPHL17! Previously I was at Fox 25 first as the weekend meteorologist beginning in June 2009, but was promoted to Morning Anchor and Reporter in May 2011. I enjoyed being in the community and co-anchoring Good Day Oklahoma. Before moving to Oklahoma City, I worked as the Mid-Day Meteorologist at WBOC-TV in Salisbury, MD. I got to fly in Chopper 16 doing weather broadcasts from the sky with Captain Willie and Chopper Chuck!"

You can connect with Danielle on Twitter ‏@DanielleVollmar. She tells us that for now she is just filling in this weekend and when they need her. Caitlin Roth is still the weekend meteorologist.
First day at Fox29 on Philly! I got to hang out most of the day in
the weather center with the team! I learned a lot! Great day!

UPDATE: Danielle Vollmar only spent a few months at FOX 29 before landing a permanent position with Channel 5 the ABC affiliate in Boston in April. I only recall only a few appearances on FOX 29 but I thought she was pretty good.




Danielle Vollmar is joining WCVB-TV's Storm Team 5 as a meteorologist for the weekend morning "EyeOpener" newscasts.

"Danielle's experience with reporting on severe weather conditions will bring valuable insight to weather across New England," added WCVB-TV News Director Andrew Vrees.

Vollmar comes to Boston from KDAF-TV (CW33) in Dallas and has extensive experience with breaking news and severe weather reporting.

Previously, she worked for KOKH-TV (Fox) in Oklahoma City where she reported on a wide range of weather stories, from droughts to tornadoes and most specifically, the Oklahoma City Christmas Eve Blizzard of 2009.

"As a meteorologist, I have always tried to ensure viewers are prepared for any weather condition," said Vollmar. "I'm excited to join the leading team of meteorologists at WCVB-TV.”

Prior to her position at KOKH-TV, Vollmar was the noon and early evening meteorologist at WBOC-TV (CBS) in Salisbury, Maryland, where she received an AP award for Best Weathercast.

Vollmar started her broadcast career as a fill-in weather anchor for WENY-TV in Elmira, N.Y., while she was finishing her atmospheric sciences degree from Cornell University.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Danielle, I really miss you on eye opener in Miami, Florida. You're a great host, and you always put me in a good mood during the work week. I like your positive, friendly attitude. I think you would make a great comedian, too.
    Good luck in whatever you do,
    Jill Sheppard

    ReplyDelete